- Publisher: Wiley Publishing
- Pages: 848
- Price: US$39.99
- Pub. date: August 15, 2023
- Category: programming
- Example files: Download this book’s example files to your device (ZIP file; ).
If you’re looking for lots of programming history, computer science theory, and long-winded explanations of concepts, I’m sorry, but you won’t find it here. My philosophy throughout this book comes from Linus Torvalds, the creator of the Linux operating system: “Talk is cheap. Show me the code.” I explain what needs to be explained and then I move on without further ado (or, most of the time, without any ado at all) to examples and scripts that do more to illuminate a concept that any verbose explanations I could muster (and believe me, I can muster verbosity with the best of them).
You can access the book’s sample files in two ways:
- You can download a ZIP file containing all the book’s examples.
- You can go to the book’s GitHub repository to view and download the book’s examples.
Please use the following to learn more about the book:
- To peruse the book’s contents, download the TOC (PDF; 1.9MB).
- To study the book’s index, download it (PDF; 2MB).
- Check out the book’s Cheat Sheet.
I’m also pleased to offer a few bonus chapters:
- Bonus Chapter 1: Manipulating Elements with Transforms (PDF; 981KB).
- Bonus Chapter 2: Animating CSS Properties with Transitions (PDF; 937KB).
- Bonus Chapter 3: Creating Crowd-Pleasing Animation Effects (PDF; 821KB).
- Bonus Chapter 4: Raising Your CSS Game (PDF; 2MB).